No longer able to import videos to iMovie with HDR-CX580V

Reaction score
I started to import videos yesterday from my Sony HDR-CX580V into iMovie '09 (ver 8.0.6), but I had to stop in the middle of the download. Today when I click on the “Import from Camera” icon, the only camera I see is the "Built-in iSight".

- I tried restarting my iMac (OS X Version 10.6.8)
- I am connected via an USB cable
- I have the camcorder connected to the AC power
- PMHOME and NO NAME are showing up on desktop
- When I connect my camcorder iPhoto automatically launches (not sure if this matters)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Stephanie

Reaction score
I think there is a plist were you can delete in library. not to sure as this will allow a reset when replugging the camcorder back in. Did you have any software for the camera to use on the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Try Repair Permissions from Disk Utility.
Open Disk Utility from the Applications>Utilities Folder and select the Macintosh HD from the left column. Then click the First Aid Tab and then Repair Permissions at the bottom of the window.
Let DU do its thing and DONT worry about the Permission Errors, and when its done, close DU down, and restart your Mac and see if that helps.
Get back to us if not. With the .plist we need to trash the correct one, so let us know if the Repair works o not.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.