Apple Powerbook 1400 and Netgear FA411 16-Bit PCMCIA Notebook Adaptor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 120Gb HD, 2Gb Ram, OS 10.4.11/PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, 500Gb HD
I am currently working on a customer's Powerbook 1400c/133 and trying to get it connected to DSL. He is currently running Mac OS 7.6. We have a Netgear FA411 16-bit PCMCIA network card that might work, but we cannot find anything online about using one in a Powerbook. Does anyone know if this will work or not, or will I have to look for another avenue. Basically, I just need to setup the Powerbook to be able to connect to an ethernet connection. Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: I popped the card in just to see if it will work, and a message cam on the screen reading "The correct software you need to use the PC Card in the "Upper PC Card slot" is not installed. Do you want to eject the card now?" and of course, when I click eject, the card pops out. So it looks like the Powerbook sees the card, but can't use it yet.

OP
DakRoland
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83Ghz Core Duo, 120Gb HD, 2Gb Ram, OS 10.4.11/PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, 500Gb HD
Whelp, I resolved this already. Either I'm obsessed with getting answers or I'm just that lucky. As it turns out, the Netgear card most likely would not work, but I did find a Global Village Modem/Ethernet combo card on Ebay for $50 that should take care of my customer's needs. It is specifically compatible with the 1400 series Powerbooks, and it's prolly the best solution as opposed to trying to shoehorn a PC card into it.

Now to wait 2 weeks for the next Mac repair...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.