How to slay the beast

Reaction score
Problem -

I have a pc running Win 7 Pro - my friend has an iMac running 10.4.11

I want to make a disk on my Win 7 Pro machine (with AVI files on it) that will play on my friends iMac.

How do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Just use whatever disk burning software you have (Nero, Power2Go, Roxio) etc. Then put the disk in the friends computer and have him download VLC and play the .avi's in VLC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
An .Avi file is an avi file... NO difference in what OS it's on. He can use VLC or download Perian (*swiss army knife of codecs) for Quicktime and play it through that.

Doug

OP
N
Reaction score
can't use Perian because it's for OS 10.7 or higher.

so far the iMac automatically ejects the disk created on Win7 so we can't even try VLC to see if it would work.

has anyone used TransMac for what I'm trying to do.

An .Avi file is an avi file... NO difference in what OS it's on. He can use VLC or download Perian (*swiss army knife of codecs) for Quicktime and play it through that.

Doug

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Exactly how are you burning the disk in Win 7? Which app, and are you using the Joliet ISO 9660 format? And make sure you're closing the CD.

BTW, if you're using the Win 7 media player to burn the AVI files, I suggest instead to use something like Nero or the free Ashampoo Burning Studio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
can't use Perian because it's for OS 10.7 or higher.

so far the iMac automatically ejects the disk created on Win7 so we can't even try VLC to see if it would work.

has anyone used TransMac for what I'm trying to do.

Perian only requires 10.4.7, and you said your friend was running 10.4.11. Should work fine.

There is not 10.7 (yet.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.