uninstalling applications??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
hello....i want to uninstall some applications from my mac....can anyone suggest on how to do it...thanks...and cheers INDIA finally won the cup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I use AppZapper. It gets rid of the app, and all of the apps hidden files. Here is a link to their site: AppZapper - The uninstaller Apple forgot.

You get 5 free zaps, if you like the app you should consider purchasing it.

- Kyle

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok....is there any free software available.....which will do the same and deleting the hidden files,,,,as my mac is only 64gb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
hello....i want to uninstall some applications from my mac....can anyone suggest on how to do it...thanks...and cheers INDIA finally won the cup
Meh If it wasnt for Ricky and his Bullsh1t attitude we would have given you a run for your money ;)

On uninstalling Apps.
If it has a unnstaller in the .mpkg that came with the App USE IT if not you should be able to simply drag things to the trash.
Now if you want to get rid of all those little files that come with them, as Brian suggested you can use something like that.

I use AppTrap. FREE !!!!!!
This little App is unobtrusive and sits in your preference pane in System Preferences. And when you drag something to trash it will then ask you if you want to delete all associated files/folders with it

Cheers

C

chas_m

I'm surprised someone didn't ask you what apps you want to remove. There are some that came with your Mac that you MUST NOT remove (unless you enjoy trouble and data loss, of course).

If we're talking third-party apps, carry on ...

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes its all 3rd party+ garage band..

C

chas_m

Removing GarageBand (the application) won't actually save a lot of space. Removing the "sample songs" and etc you will find in /Library/Application Support/GarageBand, on the other hand, will save you a couple of GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.