preview problem

Reaction score
When i doulbe click on a file to open in preview, it just wont work... preview opens (just in the menu bar) and when i right click on the preview icon in the dock, instead of saying quit, it says forcequit. I cant go File>Open also..... it does the same thing... how do i get preview working again?!!

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you deleted its prefs? or repaired permissions, or even tried restarting? if nothing works, use pacifist to extract it from the panther install disc.

J

Jefe3223

I'll give you the standard issue line of stuff to do: repair permissions, check the file, reinstall if need be. Sounds like you're missing a link somewhere, if permissions doesn't work, etc, you might just trash and reinstall it...i assume it's on the install disk, but don't hold me to that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats where you'd need to use pacifist.

J

Jefe3223

well, yeah. hahaha, i just didn't feel like looking up if it was on it or not....way to beat me by, like, a min. punk. :p

jk, mm. We're still cool in my book.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Macman said:
have you deleted its prefs? or repaired permissions, or even tried restarting? if nothing works, use pacifist to extract it from the panther install disc.

Trashing the prefs worked. Thanks alot !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jefe3223 said:
well, yeah. hahaha, i just didn't feel like looking up if it was on it or not....way to beat me by, like, a min. punk. :p

jk, mm. We're still cool in my book.
its cool, just don't start any more wars.;)lol.
@shaun: its ok, I don't help cause I expect anything in return.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.