Stopping iCloud

Reaction score
Daughter has cloud on her iPhone & iPad finally synced after many duplicate issues, causing us a trip to the apple store & techs.

iCloud is not activated on her macbook pro as she is still running snow leopard.

We may want to stop icloud on the iPad & iPhone & revert back to syncing with usb. Is there a certain order to go in to undo icloud syncing? We are trying to not get a bunch of duplicates again.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I can't see any good reason that there would be. Just turn it off on both devices. You can also delete the cloud content if you desire - but you have to delete the entire content - unfortunately. Hopefully the next rev will have a little more flexibility built in.

Reaction score
I'd like to hear how it went. The duplicates bother me also. Not to mention all my personal info being available "on the cloud" to a good hacker.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I'd like to hear how it went. The duplicates bother me also. Not to mention all my personal info being available "on the cloud" to a good hacker.

You don't have to use any of the iCloud services if you don't want to. Just disable them all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.