Sound Card Suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD
Seeing as I've had well educated information in response to my questions on this board so far I figured that I'd give you guys and girls another chance to help me out :) I am needing an external sound card for my music and am wondering if any of you have had any experience with some of the Firewire cards out there. It's got to have midi inputs and hopefully is one that is fairly portable (not rackmount). Anyone have any experience with them, good or bad I wanna hear it! Oh and BTW I'm looking like 300-500 range because chances are I'm not gonna be making ANY money with it ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
Motu Ultralite best card out there

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD
The MotU card looks great but I'm still wondering if I'd really see the difference that the extra 300 bucks makes over something like the Presonus Firebox. I really appreciate the suggestion and if you really think that this is the DI box for the MBP, then I'm going to look into it a little more closely. I guess the question is which one works well with the MBP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.