• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD burning programes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel
Hi

I'm after suggestions on good value DVD burning program.

I have 20" iMac intel.

I would like to burn DVD's to play on my Xbox, I don't have any other DVD player.

The files I have are VOB and would like to just burn to DVD and play like any other DVD's, not really into modifying them just copy and play.

Thanks in advance

Greg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
iDVD?

It comes with iLife.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel
It wont open VOB files you have to import from imovie after you share the media but it down sizes the file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I see. I never used iDVD (never will, since I only have a combo drive)

My mistake. I can look for a couple that look useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Toast or Popcorn?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will they open .vob files, though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Will they open .vob files, though?

They will burn from VIDEO_TS folders, so I really don't see why not. I could be wrong though.

Some of the sites I pulled up from a quick google search said you needed the IFO and BUP files as well though. They all mention Nero, and Toast can do everything that Nero can do.

DaZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, iphone 3G, & Classic ipod
You can always convert the files with iskysoft video converter for mac. This allows you to burn any type of video file to DVD utilizing popcorn or toast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.