.Band File won't delete

Reaction score
Hey there, I am running a Macbook Pro with osx lion and I opened garage band and made a new file called "My Song.band" I have the file saved on my desktop. When I try to delete it a popup comes up and says "The item 'My Song.band' can't be moved to the trash because it can't be deleted." It won't let me drag it anywhere, if I drag it it shows a plus sign like it wants to open with something, but I can also right click and it has a show package contents option like its a program... Now what?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you shut Garage Band down completely and close all its windows first. Then reboot. Now try to delete the file. Lion will try to keep the last window open in an application unless you tell it not to. That's probably why it won't allow the file to be deleted.

Reaction score
Easy!

I had the same problem. Just open and close GarageBand then Relaunch Finder by pressing command+option+esc. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
deleting .band files

Thanks for this thread! I had the exact same issue, and the Finder relaunch did the trick!
JKS

Reaction score
Great help

Hello,

I also tried relaunching the Finder and it worked great! Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.