Hitachi drive issue w/ 13" MBP/Lion

Reaction score
I'm contemplating buying a Hitachi Travelstar 7K750 drive (750GB, 7200 RPM) for my mid-2010 13" Macbook Pro. But I just came across the review below on Amazon. Can anyone verify this conflict? I appreciate any input.

Good Drive - But does not marry well with mid 2010 Unibody Macbook Pro, September 20, 2011
This review is from: Hitachi Travelstar 2.5 Inch 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA II 16 MB Cache Internal Hard Drive 0S02858 (Personal Computers)
This is a good drive and meets parameters as advertised. However users who want to use it with the 13" mid 2010 Macbook Pro, please be warned that this drive is not supported by Lion. Apple has still not allowed a 7200 RPM 3.0 GBps drive for the 13". Also the auto power down mode will not work. Your 13" Macbook pro (mid 2010) will thus have the hard disk spinning perpetually. You can stop the hard disk to spin only when you shut down the machine. This will drain your otherwise 7-9 hour worth of battery to 3-4 hours. I went ahead and changed mine to the 5400 RMP drive that came with my Macbook Pro.

There's nothing wrong with the drive - just that its not meant for the Macbook Pro 13" mid 2010 Unibody. Before you buy this, confirm with Apple that the machine where you are going to use this actually supports this FULLY!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.