iPod Classic "Disk Insertion" error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Today I noticed that my iPod (Classic, 5th gen.) was lagging and the clickwheel was sometimes not responding. Suddenly when I was listening to it, it froze up, and I pressed in the Menu and center button to restart it. (at least I thought that would work, but I might have remembered wrong) After that, I lost all my songs and data on the iPod. I plugged it into my Macbook and I got an error saying the iPod was corrupted. I tried to restore it, only to no avail, I got an error saying the iPod could not be restored. I then disconnected it and tried again, and after a few times of doing this, I got a Disk Insertion error 1429, basically saying that the disk was not readable. There were three options: Cancel, Ignore and Initialize. I clicked on Initialize because I thought that might solve it, but I just don't understand what to do. I finally gave it a rest for now, and am posting this here to ask for help. I would greatly appreciate any help. If I don't get this solved on my own, I'll take it to an Apple store, and I don't have Applecare so I don't know how that's going to turn out.
thanks in advance
-Nina

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.