Admin problems

Reaction score
I got a problem, I bought a Mac from a friend with 10.5 to help him out with some money problems when he was moving to Spain for a year, and during all this stress and stuff I didn't start using it before he moved there, and when I started it I saw that there was 2 accounts, one was his sister and one was his with admin rights, as it is now I can only use his sister account since she remembers her password, but he had just started with the Mac and had used some new password he dont remember.

So first I read that I needed the disk´s which he got down in Spain along with his other Mac, I can get them in a couple of months but I really want to be able to use the comp, he told me he used something called Firmware Password so he said it was possible to get the password with something called "Netinfo" I think he called it, so I googled and found this
  1. hold command-S when booting
  2. /sbin/fsck -y
  3. /sbin/mount -uw /
  4. /sbin/SystemStarter

Doesnt work since I got OS X 10.5, its only for 10.2-3
So I found this one
  1. hold command-S when booting
  2. /sbin/fsck -y
  3. /sbin/mount -uw /
  4. /usr/libexec/register_mach_bootstrap_servers /etc/mach_init.d
  5. cd /var/db/netinfo; netinfod -s local
  6. /sbin/SystemStarter

But that one only works on 10.3-4 so my question is, anyone know how I can do it on 10.5?

Also one way that wont delete my programs, since I got licensed programs that my buddy got the license for.

OP
X
Reaction score
Accounts

Also without deleting the current account would be lovely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
If you have a Leopard Retail disk you can reset the password if your start up from the DVD. I don't know any other way myself.

I would suggest if you do not have a Leopard install DVD you should to save whatever there is to save.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.