How to unlock files uploaded on ftp

Reaction score
hello

I have some files uploaded on ftp site but I can not delete them because they are locked. Please, can anybody help me to unlock them and delete them?
Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Welcome to the forums.

You will need the appropriate permissions based on the FTP user account to delete the files. This works the same was as any other file sharing protocol, if you don't have the appropriate rights, there are only certain operations that you will be able to perform.

One point of clarification. Are you using OSX to access the FTP server? If so, what FTP client are you using. If you are using the FTP support built into OSX, you will not be able to delete or write files via FTP. You will need to get a separate FTP client. Have a look at Cyberduck or Panic's Transmit.

OP
V
Reaction score
thanx

Thanx for fast reply. I have tried both: cyberduck and transmit, no luck.
I'm using classicFTP (OS 10.4.11) and I also tried fetch. I even tried older operating system we have in the office and still no luck. Do I need to contact our provider?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Yeah. It sounds like they are going to have to make some modifications on their end to support what you want to do.

OP
V
Reaction score
fonts causing problems

Fonts are causing the problems. I tried to change the name, overwrite them and still no luck. Any ideas before I have to contact provider?
Thanx again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fonts are causing the problems.

? I am not sure what you are trying to say. Font type would have nothing to do with permissions issues on your server. From everything I have read, you are going to have to contact your provided and have them take a look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.