How to keep files in a folder organized?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.16ghz Core2Duo, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb WD Scorpio HDD, Westinghouse 22" external display
Hi Mac fans!

I got a Macbook 3 months ago and I love the Mac experience so far!

I got Leopard when it came out but I have only one problem with it...

When I copy, or drag, a new file to a folder, it doesn't align with the other files... I always have to right-click, and do "arrange by --> Name" to get the files to line-up nicely...

Is there something I am missing??

Thanks!!

OP
darkmcs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.16ghz Core2Duo, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb WD Scorpio HDD, Westinghouse 22" external display
anyone knows??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
On 10.4 (should be the same for 10.5) open up a folder and in the blank space in it right click and choose the "show view options" in the menu that pops up. And in the new window click the "all windows" check at the top. Then click the "snap to grid" option also. That will fix your problem. You can also have the icons (when in icon format in the folder) to be auto ordered in a few certain ways if you choose too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
On 10.4 (should be the same for 10.5) open up a folder and in the blank space in it right click and choose the "show view options" in the menu that pops up. And in the new window click the "all windows" check at the top. Then click the "snap to grid" option also. That will fix your problem. You can also have the icons (when in icon format in the folder) to be auto ordered in a few certain ways if you choose too.

that works or you can select the other arrange by (name/kind etc) and it will auto-arrange always by what you select.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.