Photoshop CS3 question

Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry for (possibly) asking a stupid question.
I live in the UK and am looking to buy the new version of Adobe Photoshop CS3, however it costs almost £600 here in the UK. But next month I am off to a holiday in the U.S, where I can buy the same software for half the price, the question is... would I be able to use the U.S version of the software on the Mac bought in the U.K??

Thanks for answers, and in case one can use the software this way... why aren't we all buying it from the U.S??

X-it

(p.s Sorry if this has been answered in another thread, just point me there if it has... thanks!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
It should work, I can not see why it wouldn't. Its the same software, I am not sure why they would charge double in the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
It should work, I can not see why it wouldn't. Its the same software, I am not sure why they would charge double in the UK.

thats just how it is! :) everything is double in UK...

but to answer to first question: yes, any software from any country will work :)

Thanks for answers, and in case one can use the software this way... why aren't we all buying it from the U.S??

because professionals who are rich dont care how much it costs, and non-professionals just download pirated versions from internet instead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
You may want to look into declaration at the customs issue ahead of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You may want to look into declaration at the customs issue ahead of time.

Yes, if you are a fair a just person who (given the fact that large amounts of undeclared purchases pass through customs daily because controls are very loose and customs officials don't seem particularly interested in enforcing the system) wants to declare your items, look into the regulations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
You may get caught, anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
You may get caught, anyway.

i doubt it. customs are not too bothered about this stuff, especially if its out of the packaging. i bought a monitor from another country and carried it by hand in original packaging. never got asked a question! so i really doubt they will question you on a software box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
because professionals who are rich dont care how much it costs, and non-professionals just download pirated versions from internet instead.
What about the 95% of professionals who aren't rich? ;-)

Reaction score
As I mentioned elsewhere, the U.K.'s higher prices (said to be on everything) are somewhat overstated.

The VAT — value added tax, or sales tax — is included as a hidden cost in all prices. It's easier to do this in the U.K. than in North America because in the U.K. the tax is uniform. Here, the tax rates are all over the map, so they aren't included in the prices.

Some jurisdictions here won't allow such taxes to be hidden, so if — more like when — they increase, everyone knows it.

A more accurate price comparison could be made after the VAT rate is subtracted from the total.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.