Can't Sync Nokia Phone with Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 inch iMac, 12 Gb Ram, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 1TB hard disk. Parallels installed
This might help some people, the question comes later.

iSync is removed by Mountain Lion, however I have found I can put it back by getting it from a backup on my time capsule. Go back to a date when you were still on Snow Leopard find iSync, and restore it.

With Snow Leopard I used to be able to sync my Nokia C2-01 using iSync. Now with Mountain Lion with iSync installed, as described above, I CAN sync the calendar, but I CAN'T sync my contacts.

Can anyone help please? :Not-Amused:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no way that I'm aware of to directly sync contacts between the two of them.

I believe that phone will sync with google contacts.
And, you can sync your Mac Contacts with google via:

Contacts - Preferences - Accounts - On My Mac

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 inch iMac, 12 Gb Ram, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 1TB hard disk. Parallels installed
Bobtomay,

Thank you for the quick reply. A question - why is it that I CAN sync Calendar, but I CAN'T sync Contacts. They are both files, why does one work and not the other?

Unfortunately I have not used Google contacts, however I will try your suggestion, and report back. Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have no clue - am not a coder "at all". Am totally a GUI guy. Can use the command line, but I've tried to stay as far away from it as I can since the GUI came into existence some 20 odd years ago.

All I know, there does not seem to be anything from Nokia to enable that particular item.
I think the last update to iSync was still during 10.5.
Looks like there just got to be too many phones on the market for Apple to keep up with them all and put it back into the hands of the phone manufacturers where it should have been in the first place.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bobtomay,

I have tried the suggestion you made.

On Contacts - Preferences - On My Mac, I have 'Synchronise with Google' ticked. On the same window it offers Configure. When I click on configure, it asks for Google Account and Password. I enter the data, the little whirring gear wheel appears for a moment, it says connecting to Google, then goes back to the previous screen.

When I log in to my gmail account the same old stuff is there. I do not have new stuff from Contacts.

It is a bit convoluted, don't know how to do it better except by phone, but I suppose that is not possible.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I am going to have to admit failure. It seems impossible to Sync my Nokia C2-01 with my Mountain Lion iMac using a 20th century technology - bluetooth. Invented in 1994!

I have ordered a USB cable to fit the C2-01, perhaps that will work.

Bobtomay, what do you think? Any comment?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Today I got my USB cable to connect the Nokia C2-01 phone to my iMac.

I tried it. The iMac started iPhoto and I downloaded a pic I had taken. Wonderful, but not what I wanted.

I tried to download my iMac 'Contacts' to the phone. This is really what I want to do. Could not find a way to do it.

Anyone any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.