Facebook & Youtube redirecting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Hi everyone,
My fiancée's Macbook appears to have a trojan of some sort on it. Every time she tries to access Facebook or Youtube, it redirects her to this website:

Picture 20-1.png

I've done some research and discovered that it means it's a site that uses cPanel that has been taken down, most likely because it's a phishing scam. Problem is, the trojan remains...

I've run MacScan, iAntiVirus and the DNSChanger Removal Tool to no avail.
There are no extra DNS servers listed in Sys Prefs.

I can try running some Terminal commands myself next time I'm at her house but I can't seem to find any online with confirmed results anyway.

If she goes to facebook.com.au or youtube.com.au the sites go to the right place (they just redirect to .com like normal)

If you have any ideas, let me know!

EDIT: I just got her to clear her cache - Facebook now works (although I suspect only temporarily) and Youtube still doesn't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Worth checking there are no facebook/you tube related changes in the HOSTS file

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Thanks. I'll go figure out how to do that and post back with results - probably tomorrow sometime...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.