help connecting to itunes store...

Reaction score
hi,

i have been unable to connect to itunes since my harddisk died and i put in a new one. everything else works fine. i get the following error when trying to connect:

"iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store.
Make sure your network connection is active and try again."

i'm on osX 10.4.11 and iTunes 7.0.1, which is the most recent version i can have with this os. no firewalls. i was in another country at the time i replaced my hdd (got the computer in the u.s., replaced hardisk in germany, currently in u.s. again).

i've tried the troubleshooting on the apple support site and no luck. any suggestions? is it possible that i'm just not allowed to sign in with such an old version of itunes?

thanks!
ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have not found a definitive answer to this question yet but I suspect that the problem is the version of iTunes you are having to run. I have found posts from 2010 suggesting that the most recent version that could get in the store was 8.something. Even then the user was not able to see the main page.

How long has it been since you were able to connect reliably?

OP
I
Reaction score
the last time i was able to connect was over a year ago. at the time, i assumed it was because i was trying to connect from another country with my u.s. account. i rarely use the itunes store so this is not a big deal, but more importantly it won't recognize my ipod. i was hoping that being able to sign in to itunes would change that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.