Case or no case? (+too many apps?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
I bought a slip in pouch/case for my iPhone 4 so while it is in my pocket it doesn't get scratched and if it slides out of my pocket it's better protected. I was just thinking though perhaps sliding my phone in/out of the case so many times will actually cause it to eventually fade or get loads of tiny light scratches. Also on an iPhone 4 16gb how many pages of apps would probably be the maximum before performance was effected? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini, iPhone 4, iPods, Seagate 1TB HDD
I have Ghost Armor on the front and back of mine. They make it for the side too, I just haven't had that one put on yet. It provides a nice scratch protection. I had it on my 3GS as well. I have never dropped it, but I would imagine it doesn't provide any drop protection. I use a pouch in addition to the Ghost Armor and I have been issue free so far.

Reaction score
Fade what? It is glass on the front and back. For scratches it would depend on what type of material you have in the pouch. I would (just to be safe) use a front and back clear screen protector to help with minor abrasions that could be caused by pulling the iPhone out of a pouch.

With 512MB of memory I don't see you having to worry about how many app pages you have. Since you can have over 2,000 apps now you should be fine with the max amount of pages.

OP
Mint
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
Yes that's true, as long as the glass is not in anyway tinted then it should have no problems with fading like the 3G(S). I dislike screen protecters because they either bring bubbles up or make it look untidy. I might consider getting 2 for the front and back next time I am at a phone shop though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.