iPhone 4 speaker problem? Or not?

Reaction score
So my wife was using the speaker to play some tunes while making dinner and I noticed that the music was only coming out of one speaker at the bottom. I covered that speaker up and nothing was coming out of it. I tried it on my phone as well and the same result occured. Does only one speaker play music or are both our phones jacked up? Just curious. Weird design I would say.

Reaction score
Its totally normal as only one side is a speaker. The other side is the microphone.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yeah I just read that on the design on apple.com... duh. I thought it was unlikely since both our phones were doing it plus the phone is still pretty loud with just that one speaker.

Anyone know what the thing is on the right side of the phone? It's on the metal band and it's like 3/4 of an inch long oval and has a little screw hole looking thing on it? Anyone know what that is for?

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed, my old 3G I think has a louder speaker than my new iphone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
Nope, my iPhone 4's speakers blow my 3GS by far. Much better speaker in my opinion.

Reaction score
Maybe your ears are ringing a bit from your iPhone 4 speaker. My iPhone 4 speaker is far better and louder than my old 3G model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.