Bluetooth: Not Available problem on MBP

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just would like to seek help from you regarding a "bluetooth: not available" problem I'm experiencing on my macbook pro 13.
A reboot of the device does not correct it.
Anybody experienced this problem? Any insights?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Just to add, I too experienced this issue yesterday, and I believe it was a result of not shutting down my MBP for several days, only putting it to sleep.

Once I shut it down after restarting it twice didn't work, once switched back on, it was all back to normal. Just thought I would share my fix.

OP
T
Reaction score
thank you for all your inputs. SMC did not work for me.

as was about to surrender that it is a hardware issue, i tried to do one thing. i plugged my mbp to inline power before turning it on. i don't do this before, as i was always relying on the battery. bluetooth is now working!

i further troubleshoot. i found out that whenever i shut down my mac without first disconnecting my bluetooth mouse, bluetooth problem comes back up. and after powering it up with the power cable now connected, bluetooth comes back up again.

i would appreciate any thoughts shared about this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.