3G to 4S upgrade, retina display issues

Reaction score
Recently I made a huge leap and upgraded my iPhone 3G (which I got when it first came out) to the new 4S. Id being dying to get something new for ages and so when I finally upgraded I was hugely ecstatic and relieved. I setup my new phone and synced it from a backup I did a few minutes earlier of my old phone. Everything loaded fine, well seemingly fine until I opened up Angry Birds to check out the crisp new graphics to find that the app was still using the SD graphics. I did some research thinking maybe the app hadn't received a graphics update, but then I remembered playing the game on my friend's iPhone 4 the day before and seeing it in HD. I checked the other apps and it seems that this bug is only affecting several of my games, all the utilities have the HD graphics.

So my question is, how can I fix this without losing all my saved games and app data?

I'm thinking it might be possible with iCloud, but I haven't wanted to risk that yet. Maybe its as simple as waiting for another update for that app? Anyway, hope someone has an answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.