• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

The iPad Launch: Can Steve Jobs Do It Again? - Time Magazine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Apple's Steve Jobs graces Time magazine cover for iPad launch
AppleInsider | Apple's Steve Jobs graces Time magazine cover for iPad launch
The latest issue of Time magazine features an interview with Steve Jobs by British actor Stephen Fry, in which the Apple co-founder discusses the iPad, his career and his life.

In my opinion Stephen Fry is just as much of a legend as Steve Jobs is. Different fields of cause. So this interview should be a good read.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And here is the article online for you to read written by Stephen Fry.

The iPad Launch: Can Steve Jobs Do It Again? - TIME

Stephen Fry is such an Apple fanboy. He even admits it in the article. And he does get to met up with Jobs, Schiller and Cue to talk to them about the ipad and how it came about. All in the article. Stephen also claims he's the 2nd person in the UK to have bought and owned a macintosh in 1984 (I dunno if this is true or just fanboyism). Douglas Adams being the first. And they were good mates till he died. He also says "Douglas Adams is not alive to see the closest thing to his Hitchhiker's Guide that humankind has yet devised."

A very very good article. A must read. (Page 1-3 of the article is nice talk about the ipad and other things and page 4 is Stephen meet Steve).

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then Google and Microsoft's flattery of Apple over the past two years has been nothing short of hero worship. Few doubt the iPad will be aped as well.
yet when I eventually got my hands on one, I discovered that one doesn't relate to it as a "tool"; the experience is closer to one's relationship with a person or an animal.
Just a few excellent quites from the article I want to share.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
time-100401.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Bout time you came up with a decent read mate ;P But honestly was a nice article by Fry and just like you i think him a legend in his own right.

And i loved this particular entry God like describing Job's

For some, his personal magnetism is almost of a dangerous, Elmer Gantry kind. They call the charisma emanating from his keynote addresses "Steve's reality-distortion field."

TM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.