Charger extremely hot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I used my Macbook all day and let the battery drain to the end. Now I am charging it, and the charger that plugs into the wall is very very hot. Is this a normal thing? If it helps, I am not running many apps right now while it is charging, just have Firefox opened up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
Hi there,
I have a macbook too and I have to agree with you that it get's really hot, to the point I can't even hold it for a long period of time. From what I have read on other forums, this appears to be normal.
I'm pretty cautions with it, i don't leave the charger on my couch / sofa that the heat may damage it. Especially if you have a leather couch.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
It's very normal, all laptops have this charger heat to some degree.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram
My mac charger gets a little hot, but nowhere near what my Toshiba charger was....You could cook an egg on that thing.

Reaction score
lol, my macbook is like ice compared to my sony vaio k. This thing is beautiful and MUCH much easier to carry to class than that huge 17" 8 pound computer.. ahh live the mac life =]

Reaction score
My HP laptop heats up so much internally with such an inadequate fan that games will start to lag. The power adapter on my Toshiba laptop, I tried to pick it up after running on AC for a couple of hours, and nearly burnt myself, had to pick it up by the cord to comfortably hold it. I suppose its normal, after all, transformers for anything generate a lot of heat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Yes, it'll get hot - make sure you've pulled off the sticky plastic film covering that it came with, it can melt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.