Pixel Checks @ The Apple Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz, 2GB Ram, 880GS Video; 500GB HD
Hello all,

Going to get a new loaded iMac today since I just returned my "old" one to BB yesterday.

My question, can I have a genius do a pixel check before plunking down in excess of 2200 bucks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Do you mean on the new one ?

I think once the seal is opened its only valid as a basic warranty i.e. if the whole screen dies on you within 12 months

Otherwise I assume apple care is needed.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz, 2GB Ram, 880GS Video; 500GB HD
Yes the new one.

Meaning, before I buy the machine will Apple check it before I purchase it. Best Buy does this type of thing for all monitors to ensure the customer gets a perfect monitor every time. (They don't advertise this service though)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yes the new one.

Meaning, before I buy the machine will Apple check it before I purchase it. Best Buy does this type of thing for all monitors to ensure the customer gets a perfect monitor every time. (They don't advertise this service though)
No computer manufacturer, including Apple, will guarantee a "perfect" monitor every time. It is simply the nature of the technology.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=22194

If a retailer does this, then that burden lies on them. If you feel more secure by having a retailer do this, then I would suggest buying your equipment from them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.