What Generation Macbook Is this?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Theres not much info in this add and Id like to know more, the seller is not responding.. can somebody help me out here?

If the seller is not responding to your requests for more information...maybe they are not a good person to purchase from either. But if it helps, it's a MacBook from the 2006/2007 time frame.

Also let me add that $650 (even in Canadian Dollars)...IMHO is wayyy too much for this computer!

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Does not belong in "Community Suggestions...." Please read forum descriptions prior to posting.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Nick! Yeah If he doesn't respond back by tomorrow then I'll forget about it. I have an other question about this Model. I really don't know much about computers in general and would like to know a few things about this model. I heard that there was a problem with these Macbooks and that the backlight was defective and is very expensive to replace. If everything has been working fine all these years do you think it still might malfunction in the long run? Also this is probably a stupid question but do mac's from 2006-2007 all come with wifi?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have an other question about this Model. I really don't know much about computers in general and would like to know a few things about this model. I heard that there was a problem with these Macbooks and that the backlight was defective and is very expensive to replace. If everything has been working fine all these years do you think it still might malfunction in the long run? Also this is probably a stupid question but do mac's from 2006-2007 all come with wifi?

I haven't heard about the widespread backlight problem you mentioned...but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hopefully when you say that this was "a problem with these Macbooks"...you're not just saying this because you read a couple threads about it on an internet forum. Because I'm betting that most owners of black Macbooks are problem free.

As far as "expensive to fix"...well...most things on Mac computers are expensive to fix!;)

Yes...all MacBooks come with built-in WiFi (from the very first ones till now).

HTH,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Nick! Your the Man!

Hey one more thing, you said that 650 is way too much, well if this guy responds could you give me some points to mention when trying to deal with this dude?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the quick reply Nick! Your the Man!

Hey one more thing, you said that 650 is way too much, well if this guy responds could you give me some points to mention when trying to deal with this dude?

I responded to your PM...but I'll post here as well. I do understand that used computers in Canada do sell for more than they do here in the US. With the exchange rate being very close to 1:1...Canadian dollars pretty much equal the number of US dollars.

This website Mac2Sell, says that this black MacBook is worth about $490. I've purchased the exact same computer (but the white version) for as little as $350...but that was a great deal!:) And the black MacBook probably sells at a premium price since it's more "rare".

As far as what to mention to the seller to get the price down. Probably not much!:( Some folks just stand firm on their price...and they won't budge...regardless if it's a fair price or not. If it doesn't sell...the seller may relist/repost it for $625...or may repost it for $650. Of course if this is a "professional seller"...and they have sold other black MacBooks at this price...then I guess they have no need to reduce the price. Not much you can do but say to the seller..."Your price is too high...what can we work out?"...and MAYBE...they're flexible enough to work with you to reduce the price a bit.:)

HTH,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
So he responded back, I tried to deal with him. The lowest he could go was $600..Well I guess that's better than nothing :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.