Macbook restarts randomly

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with my Macbook. I bought it in March or April 2008. It runs the newest version of Leopard.

Over the last two weeks, it restarts randomly during use. I will be using my computer and suddenly the screen will turn off and the computer as well. Then it'll start up again. Sometimes it does this twice in a row, -5-10 minutes apart. Once, it had to try 2 times before it rebooted. As well, I first noticed a problem because it would shut off when I put it in sleep mode but it has recently gotten worse. It happens at least once a day...

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try this see if it helps

OP
I
Reaction score
I did try that and no luck. I have also reset the PRAM and NVRAM. Those were the useless troubleshooting tips I got from Apple. When I called Powerland Computers, they said it might be either a hard drive issue or that it was overheating.

Dunno... Maybe I should sell it and have someone else worry about it?? I could make 700-1,000 off of it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.