white vertical lines all over screen

Reaction score
I have a 15" macbook pro that I bought in 2007. I have NEVER had problems with it, until Saturday night I was online and all of the sudden it started flashing and going crazy and was locked up, so I turned it off and then back on and it would get to the grey apple screen and get stuck and then all of these white vertical lines all over it and flashing, that's all it would do. I left it off all day, got back on it sunday started up just fine, then about 20 minutes later after being on the internet again, same thing, screen flashing, turned it off and wouldn't get past grey apple screen with vertical lines and that's all it does. I don't know anything about the technical stuff and what to do, is my computer gone, ugh, I am just sick about it, any help would be greatly appreciated?
Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It's time to call or go visit your local Apple store.

Sounds like it could very well be the graphics card. I believe Apple extended the warranty on that nVidia card to 3 years. So, if that's it, you're still covered.

Take heart, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.