trackpad problem

Reaction score
guys i need your help

jus a while back, i bought my macbook the silicon cover for the keyboard. I thought of jus cleaning my macbook pro with a damp cloth but without thinkin, i used a yellow cloth.. whose color just spread all over the keys and the board. A BRAND NEW MACBOOK was ALREADY looking old!! So in panic, i took some glass cleaner, sprayed some on a soft napkin and was rubbing the keys until the color came off, it did, but once i switched my laptop on, i realized i had screwed up my trackpad.

now my trackpad works wen it wants to.. it'll work perfectly at times, at other times it won't even move.. sometimes, if im on a webpage, it'll scroll upwards and downwards instead of actually moving the pointer... and just now, the cursor moved up and down on its own.

im sure its a hardware problem cas some liquid must have crept it, but can any1 give me any suggestion so i could try doing that and see if it helps.
Also, does anyone know how much would it cost me to repair or replace my touchpad because thats what I'll probably have to do in the end.

Pleaseee guys, need your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
You could turn the scrolling off, so it doesn't scroll when you are trying to move up and down with the pointer (temporary obviously!).

I don't know about repairing, but you could just take it into an Apple store and ask (if you have one near you).

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.