Ipad dock question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I had a question at the apple store about the iPad dock. I just wanted to know if the keyboard dock had more support than the regular dock for the ipad. The service people had no clue about it. The regular one liked to tilt side-to-side too easily. I would much rather buy the dock along with the apple bluetooth keyboard than have to get stuck with a keyboard that only works for one thing, but that tilting worries me. Anyone have experience with the regular dock? How sturdy is yours when the ipad is on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
My dock comes tomorrow will let you know.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Seems to be sturdy enough. The iPad is still usable while sitting in the dock. Played a round of hold-em on it and some mahjong. Reading a book is a non-issue while in the dock.

It does go to rocking a little if you're tapping it instead of touching it. While it's not nearly as stable as any LCD, it'll take more than any normal use to actually get it to fall over.

For anyone planning on using the Apple case, don't bother with the dock. Not gonna work. Probably not with the keyboard dock either, and it's not the easiest thing to get off.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Seems to be sturdy enough. The iPad is still usable while sitting in the dock. Played a round of hold-em on it and some mahjong. Reading a book is a non-issue while in the dock.

It does go to rocking a little if you're tapping it instead of touching it. While it's not nearly as stable as any LCD, it'll take more than any normal use to actually get it to fall over.

For anyone planning on using the Apple case, don't bother with the dock. Not gonna work. Probably not with the keyboard dock either, and it's not the easiest thing to get off.

Cool. thanks for the advice bob!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

Lol. Too true. I tired to take it off last night just to wipe the screen off, but it bested me for a good 5 minutes before I gave up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.