Email Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Transfer the output file you created to your Mac, start up Mail, and choose File --> Import Mailboxes.

OP
Hugh Jardon
Reaction score
For some reason it won't let me import the file. Is there another way to import my .PST file?

OP
Hugh Jardon
Reaction score
I finally got it to recognize the .mbox files, and now it crashes and Mail closes with an error report when it starts to import...

Reaction score
In your 1st post you say you are trying to import from Outlook to Entourage.

Reaction score
I am. Everything I read says I have to import into Mail first...

I browsed through the info in the link I posted in Post #4 and found this:

Step 5. On the Mac, drag each .mbox icon (i.e. each folder you used in Outlook) from the desktop to Entourage or its icon in the Dock, and click Import on the dialog box that appears.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
for fun I just did this. I imported outlook mail boxes into thunderbird then logged back into tiger. I located the mozilla boxes on my windows partition and copied them to the desktop. I added the .mbox extension. (don't alter the file that already has an extension the one you want has no extension.) then I dragged each one into entourage. Worked like a basket of bees.

down with the clown

daryl

OP
Hugh Jardon
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! I was able to drag and drop the 360 mailboxes all at once. I did have to spend an hour renaming the boxes, but all and all it worked out well. Thanks for all of your help everyone!!

OP
Hugh Jardon
Reaction score
One more question... What do I need to download to be able to play the attachments I get via email. I'm referring to the .wmv .mov files I get...

OP
Hugh Jardon
Reaction score
One more question...

I tried to attach a 3 meg file in Entourage and it said I needed to install "Stuffit". Do I really need to spend $79 to send attachments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I thought stuffit was already on the system? I've got the stuffit 11 in my apps.

I gotta question. How do I use my yahoo mailbox via the mail app. in OSX? I got yahoo and won't be getting rid of anytime soon so how or can I check my yahoomail by clicking on that cute little stamp in the dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
After looking at it I think its only for opening stuffit files, Not stuffing them. i only looked at it for a hot second though.

It should be in your apps if you got it. Try searching the hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.