iPod video- am I doing something wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 core duo white
I used Handbrake to rip a dvd to mp4 for my iPod as descibed in other posts.

It's taking like 3 hours plus to do it.....

Is there a faster way to do this???? I wanted to rip several dvd's to the ipod but it will take me a week at this rate..........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I used Handbrake to rip a dvd to mp4 for my iPod as descibed in other posts.

It's taking like 3 hours plus to do it.....

Is there a faster way to do this???? I wanted to rip several dvd's to the ipod but it will take me a week at this rate..........

Handbrake is the fastest way I know of, what are your computer specs? Have you been watching the activity monitor to see if your RAM has been topping out? There could be many reasons its taking long, topping out RAM could be one, and older solwer drive could also be one. Again though, what are your specs?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 core duo white
It's a macbook 2g core 2... 1g ram.

Haven't looked at the activity monitor.... I get about the same times for ripping directly from dvd or even an iso image that i had on my external rive from when I ripped it using dvdshrink.....

How long does it take others to rip a 90 minute feature using the ipod preset in handbrake, standard settings for the preset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a macbook 2g core 2... 1g ram.

Haven't looked at the activity monitor.... I get about the same times for ripping directly from dvd or even an iso image that i had on my external rive from when I ripped it using dvdshrink.....

How long does it take others to rip a 90 minute feature using the ipod preset in handbrake, standard settings for the preset.

honestly I dont really know how long it usually takes becuase I will set up a que at around 930 - 10 at night and let it run until I wake up; besides the nights where I am up all night, like tonight (alcohol ;D )

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Over an hour is normal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
take about 3 hours or so, on my MBP (specs <<<) so i would say your time, isnt anything out of the ordinary.

besides the nights where I am up all night, like tonight (alcohol ;D )

lol i may be having one of those tonight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
take about 3 hours or so, on my MBP (specs <<<) so i would say your time, isnt anything out of the ordinary.

lol i may be having one of those tonight

Hey, I dont know if you saw my job thread in anything goes, but I have been having them quite frequently... on second thought I just got back from the liquor store ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.