Apple Workshop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, OS X 10.6.6, Snow Leopard
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has taken that introduction Apple workshop that is like 2 hours? I've had the old MacBook for about (3) years, but thought it may be informative to learn some new things there? I'm as basic of Mac user as it comes. I also just purchased the Iphone 4 and wanted to learn about linking everything together. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums and "Semper Fi"!

I'm not sure taking the intro Apple Workshop would be of any value for you since you've been a Mac user for three years.

There are a myriad of good books for both the Mac and iPhone. MacWorld Magazine sells tutorial books on both which can be had in digital format, CD, or paper. Or you can browse around in your local Barnes and Noble or Borders and take a look at what they have.

You could also learn quite a bit by browsing our forums and reading what others have to offer and asking questions. Sometimes the best learning experience is from peer to peer.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome to the Mac Forums and "Semper Fi"!

I'm not sure taking the intro Apple Workshop would be of any value for you since you've been a Mac user for three years.

There are a myriad of good books for both the Mac and iPhone. MacWorld Magazine sells tutorial books on both which can be had in digital format, CD, or paper. Or you can browse around in your local Barnes and Noble or Borders and take a look at what they have.

You could also learn quite a bit by browsing our forums and reading what others have to offer and asking questions. Sometimes the best learning experience is from peer to peer.

Thank you and Semper Fi chscag. I appreciate the response. I'm going to look into some reading material as well. I'm just so dumb with this Mac, I thought maybe there would be some things that I would learn. I really only use the bare basics. I don't even know how to use most of the Apps on here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
C

chas_m

As a TEACHER of one of those Introduction to Mac classes, let me strongly contradict my colleagues ... "I thought I knew the Mac, but I just learned a whole bunch of 'best practices'/tips/tricks/things I didn't know" is probably the NUMBER ONE comment I get.

The class is free ... the most you might possibly lose is two hours. I suspect you will not feel so "dumb with this Mac" by the end of it.

PS. Your local Mac User Group (if one is around) is another great resource for more learning, and wonderfully social.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 mac book pro 15" : 2006 imac 20"
i took the intro class when I first got my Mac and I learned a lot. Its free so its worth it.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the responses. It was a free class and only 2 hours long. It wan't to bad and I did learn a couple things. For the future the one I attended was for the very basic Mac user.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.