Help Needed ASAP!

Reaction score
Hi all,
I turned on my Apple g4 and it took ages to load. I then got to my password login window. At the top in red letters it says safe boot. I entered my password but it wont recognize it. I then restarted and help down my mouse to open the cd drawer to try and start from the cd. I am using Leopard. I help down the c button to try and get the cd running but this doesnt do anything.
So my question is........... how do I get in? Why wont it recognize my pasword anymore?
Help is needed as I am a web designer and I cant get in to do any work...........

Reaction score
Insert the cd and restart. Hold down the option key and see if you can select boot from cd. I hope you have backed up your work. Your drive may be crashed or going in that direction fast. The boot cd has to be a full retail version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
Unplug the keyboard when it is booting and see if it will boot normally (not go into safe mode). I sounds like your computer might think the shift key is being help down which would be a reason why it wouldn't accept your password.

OP
G
Reaction score
Well O have lost all of my work now as I reinstalled Leopard and foolishly did a clean install it has wiped my hard drive. I have lost years and years of stuff....... I dont suppose that there is any way of getting it back?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Ouch!! It's possible that some of your data is still recoverable. I would stop using the computer until you've mapped out a game plan though - just to keep the OS and applications from further overwriting the drive. There are a number of data recovery tools out there - I don't have any first hand experience (fortunately) with any of them but - Disk Drill Media Recovery on the Mac App Store is on sale for $9.99 for the holiday (80% off) - or you can do a search on data recovery tools and see what people recommend. You can hire someone to do this but it will be very pricey. Good luck! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
So did unplugging the keyboard fix it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.