Safari and windows media player

Reaction score
I have googled this several times and haven't found a solution. But I cannot get windows media player steams to work with Safari. I downloaded Windows Media player obviously and tried to mess with the settings. I have no idea. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

Reaction score
I have googled this several times and haven't found a solution. But I cannot get windows media player steams to work with Safari. I downloaded Windows Media player obviously and tried to mess with the settings. I have no idea. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

I downloaded Flip4mac and I can now play all Windows Media file.

Check out this.....

http://www.flip4mac.com/

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Flip4Mac - Microsoft's link for playing wmv files on a Mac.

I do not have any issues watching streaming wmv files with it.

Slow ??? What do you mean - it stutters during playback, the download is slow?

It will not play windows media drm'd files, but then neither will the last Windows media player MS made for the Mac.

Would suggest removing Windows Media Player also.

If you have specific sites in question, provide links.... you'll get much better help that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
it works great for me.
I use it with the sirius online player which is streaming wma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iMac
Hi all. Slightly off topic, but of similar thinking(sorry if this hijacks barrett14's orig' post), but I also can't play anything Windows Movie type (WMV), running Leopard. Whenever I download a wmv file, it loads fine, but up pops a box with much jibberish to a 'puter newb like me. Obviously, no viewing occurs after this... I tried downloads.com for a solution...which downloaded only to show the same box of hieroglyphics. Where can I head for a simple download that fixes this, instals itself somehow and simply lets me watch wmv files?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I just love how the ones with the problems never come back after you've provided at least one solution and fail to give the links for what their trying to download. Really makes you wonder if these are legal files or not. If they are illegal files, then of course, they work as well as they should.

If they are not illegal and/or windows drm'd files....

1) Have you installed flip4mac as has been suggested above?

If you have, provide links to the site and file(s) you are downloading so others can test it.
This is really the only way for us to know if the problem lies with the files on the site or with your machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You need flip4Mac and DivX Player. After that, anything that's slow and stuttery is probably down to your connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iMac
You need flip4Mac and DivX Player. After that, anything that's slow and stuttery is probably down to your connection.
Thanks; I've downloaded those two. It seems like I can download the files and view separately, so that much is good. However, if its a link on a webpage, it doesn't open up to view then & there, it has to be saved to view. What's required to view it on it's webpage instantly? It seems the page's address appears in the address bar up the top, but the page remains blank; nobody home...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iMac
Actually, now it all seems to be loading/viewing fine...so, ignore me & my newbie mistakes!! Thanks for the help; I'm sure I'll be asking for help again sooner rather than later : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Hello all. I downloaded Flip4Mac and my media player still doesn't recognize the playlist. What should I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Flip4Mac is only works with quicktime so if you use another media player than flip4mac can not help you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.