Error trying to run boot camp partition of XP with VMware

Reaction score
Hello anyone, I have just switched over from a windows user to a macbook pro 2.5 ghz, 2 gig memory. I was slightly hesitant to get a mac but when i found out that i could run XP and my favorite windows programs on the new intel macs I was pleased and impressed. I put a version of XP professional on the computer using boot camp. I then started using VMware fusion to run the XP boot camp partition while runnning Mac OSX. Both running XP through VMware and directly from restart was working for me for over a week. Now (with nothing significant changed to my knowledge) running XP using VMware encounters a stop error. It loads the windows screen and loads my desktop with icons and begins to run startup programs when all of a sudden i get a blue screen error. I can still run windows without problems from restart (using boot camp). I'm wondering if there is any way for me to fix this problem preferably without re-installing XP. If not I may consider scrapping VMware and just booting up windows via boot camp when i need to run a windows program. If anyone out there can help me out tht would be way cool. P.S fair warning I'm not a computer expert and I'am a Mac novice so it may take a detailed explination for me to understand but it will be undoutedly appreciated!

OP
H
Reaction score
I would like to post a screenshot of the error message i'm getting but it is over the 1 mb limit for posting? Does anyone know a way I can post the screenshot?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.