Wifi hopping

Reaction score
I have a PowerMac G4, CPU: 400 MHz, RAM: 576 MB, Bus Speed: 100 MHz. It's about 7 years old and has an Apple internal 56K Modem (v.90). It does not have an airport card installed and I was told that the airport cards that are currently out do not support older Macs. I want to Wifi hop and keep the phone line open (is Wifi hopping legal to begin with? - if it's not then I wont bother) - I also don't have Cable or DSL and don't want to go that route - are there any third party cards that I can use? and if so what do I need - just a card or a card and router? - Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
The quick answer on WiFi hopping is that it's generally illegal. There are free WiFi nets, but they're limited. If you hop on your neighbor's unsecured network without permission, at best you're doing something unethical and at worst you're breaking the law.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.