Thunderbolt Question

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm trying to figure out if I can attach a Thunderbold display to an iMac for 2 monitors and get the use of both gigabit ethernet network cards (one in the iMac and one in the additional display)?

While I won't be buying the 2nd display yet (can I justify it????!!!) I kinda need additional network functionality so it would be pretty cool.

In the meantime, does anyone know if there's a thunderbolt to ethernet converter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It'll probably work. I do not know of a thunderbolt to eth convertor, but there are thunderbolt to expresscard adapters, and you could always go that route.

That said, if this will actually do what you want.. I'm not sure. If you're bridging two networks, probably. If you're simply trying to 'double' your throughput.. probably not.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply

Hmm, Maybe I better contact Apple if I do go down the additional monitor route.

It's for iSCSI connections, which would use 2 paths to the storage device.

Cheers

It'll probably work. I do not know of a thunderbolt to eth convertor, but there are thunderbolt to expresscard adapters, and you could always go that route.

That said, if this will actually do what you want.. I'm not sure. If you're bridging two networks, probably. If you're simply trying to 'double' your throughput.. probably not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Thanks for your reply

Hmm, Maybe I better contact Apple if I do go down the additional monitor route.

It's for iSCSI connections, which would use 2 paths to the storage device.

Cheers

Then, as a guess, I'd think it'd work. It should simply present another if on the system. If that's the case, then you could certainly dual-path your data.

Hrm, redundant pathing on a personal computer. I salute you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.