Leopard installer not seeing volume

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am having trouble with the Leopard installation.

After I boot from the dvd and pass the language selection, when the installer asks where Leopard should be installed, the list is blank! It is not recognizing the volume where 10.4 is installed.

If I open disk utility from the installer, it just sees the hard drive but not the volume where Tiger is. Of course, if I boot without the dvd, everything works just fine. Disk utility (from Tiger) does see the volume and reports no problems.

I am puzzled, any ideas?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, fromte.

This is a wild shot but... Can your repair disk permissions using Disk Utility from your internal hard drive and see if that would change anything? And you are using a full retail install of Leopard, right? Not an upgrade disk?

Edited to add:

I also found this, Leopard Missing Hard Drive Bug.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thankz MacHead

I already tried repairing permissions, I also ran the daily,weekly,monthly scripts (just in case) but no luck.

(I am trying to install from a retail dvd)

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks again!

Those links helped. I just needed to wait for the installer to finish checking the volume. I am running Leopard now. Yay!

Reaction score
Apple just came out with a Hard Drive update, so that may be a fix for it

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/harddriveupdate10.html

I have a new Intel iMac, is this update for it?

About Hard Drive Update 1.0
The Hard Drive Update 1.0 includes bug fixes and important updates for the following systems:
iMac Core 2 Duo (Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later)
Mac Pro (Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.