Is there such a thing as...?

M

maussimo010

A pc card network adapter that works flawlessly with my powerbook aluminum G4 with the NON-removable airport card? (the one where it doesn't come out under the battery)

I REALLY want a card that puts out more than Airport's 30 mW, and i have to have one with an external antenna jack for use with a cantenna or any other form of antenna I want to use...

It seems like nothing works with my model specifically due to the fact that i cant physically remove my card...

Is anyone else here in my same predicament? if so, what cards are you using, and what results are you geting?

thanks,

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Be nice if we knew what model Powerbook you have. Aside from that there are companies that make external anntenae for powerbooks. try google.

OP
M

maussimo010

IronMac said:
Be nice if we knew what model Powerbook you have. Aside from that there are companies that make external anntenae for powerbooks. try google.

I have done extensive research, or so I thought, about what card to get. It seems from what I have gathered that since i cannot remove my factory Airport Extreme card from the laptop (my powerbook is the one where you can't remove it from under the battery door). Supposedly, none of the cards like to work since I can't remove my airport card, I guess there is a conflict even though the airport is turned off.

Powerbook model G4: 15" Aluminum 1.67Ghz, 1GB memory, superdrive, bluetooth, backlit keys, 10.4.6...model A1138

I know there is a few cards out there, but I am trying to find out if anyone is using a 'cantenna' be it a purchased one or a home-made one, and which card they are using to do so, since cantennas require an external antenna jack on the network adapter card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.