Address Book keeps sliding right on the dock

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post and I look forward to your assistance.

I run OS X 10.5 on an iMac and I am experiencing a "glitch" that I haven't been able to solve, so perhaps someone may be able to guide me through this one:

I want to "lock" the Address Book on the left side of the dock but due to some weird reason, it keeps sliding to the right end of the dock. As a matter of fact if I put on the dock and don't open it is automatically removed from the dock but if I open that application, it goes straight out to the right end. The same weird phenomenon happens with Skyoe but no other application that I'm aware of. I've tried a few troubleshooting: removing all applications from the dock and putting them back on; no joy. Putting all application on the right of the Address Book in order to trick it; no joy.

Although a temporary solution is to copy/paste the application and then change the name of the new (copied) application and this new one behave normally. I had the same problem on my MacBook but it went back to normal without knowing what I did, if anything, to get things back to normal. The other users on this iMac are not experiencing this.

The other thing would be to simply get used to it and change the order of my dock but I would rather have it the other war 'round.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jo :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.