Eclipse and Java not working properly

Reaction score
So for my computer programming class, I need to use Subversion. However, it seems that my Eclipse (Indigo, Eclipse IDE for Java Developers) is having a problem connecting with my Java SE 6.

Here is the error when I try to look at the property for SVN in Eclipse:

Failed to load JavaHL Library.
These are the errors that were encountered:
no libsvnjavahl-1 in java.library.path
no svnjavahl-1 in java.library.path
no svnjavahl in java.library.path
java.library.path = .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java

And if I try looking at the Installed JREs in Eclipse under preferences, I get this error:

Unable to create the selected preference page.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui (150).

This is the error when I try running a test code that was in the assignment:

An internal error occurred during: "Launching CodeTest".
org/eclipse/jdt/debug/core/JDIDebugModel

Any Ideas?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're using Lion, have you installed Java? Unlike Snow Leopard, Java is no longer included with OS X.

OP
W
Reaction score
I have 10.5.8, and I looked under Java Preferences and I have:
J2SE 5.0 (32 bit)
Java SE 6 (64 bit)
J2SE 1.4.2 (32 bit)
J2SE 5.0 (64 bit)

I have only Java SE 6 turned on.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Thanks for the info.

For you first problem, have you installed JavaHL? Take a look here for some instructions. For your second issue, that's an odd error. Are you by chance trying to run the 64-bit Eclipse app bundle on a 32-bit JVM?

OP
W
Reaction score
I found this in the readme for Eclipse 32bit version:

On Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5), JDK version 1.6 assumes that pointers have a size of 64 bits, but SWT's Carbon port only uses 32-bit pointers, so SWT and Eclipse cannot be used on Leopard with JDK version 1.6. The workaround is to use the Cocoa version of SWT or an earlier supported version of the Mac OS X JDK.

Is that my problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.