MacBook pro 15 which one

Reaction score
Hi,
Since it likely there are some bargains amount tomorrow I need to decide which MacBook pro to go for. I need to run an intel program so will need Parallels to make that work. Is there much difference between power in i5 and i7?

Also will want to run Office with parallels or alternative the new version of mac office.

I don't need a lot of disk space or graphics power except to watch video so I'm thinking either the i7 version or i5 with small drive.

Can anyone help me get this thinking over the line?

Thanks Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Hi,
Since it likely there are some bargains amount tomorrow I need to decide which MacBook pro to go for. I need to run an intel program so will need Parallels to make that work. Is there much difference between power in i5 and i7?

Also will want to run Office with parallels or alternative the new version of mac office.

I don't need a lot of disk space or graphics power except to watch video so I'm thinking either the i7 version or i5 with small drive.

Can anyone help me get this thinking over the line?

Thanks Mike
i7 just has faster clock speeds. Both are dual core processors with 4 threads. You won't notice the difference in speeds in day to day things. Synthetically the i7 is faster but in the real world you won't see those performance differences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

The i5 will handle office, parallels etc with no problem at all

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
No problem pal

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.