Photoshop Camera Raw hangs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 4gb Ram
Hi Guys,

Hope everyone's having a good time here on planet earth, or wherever you maybe!

I've had Photoshop CS4 installed on my iMac for about a year now and it's never given me any grief. However yesterday I downloaded some raw files from my camera and when I went to open them from Bridge, Bridge hung. The way out was a Force Quit. If I try to open a file directly from PS then PS hangs. Opening jpg's are fine. So it would appear that the Camera Raw is causing this problem.

On another forum someone mentioned doing the following which I have done without success: Check Permission database and verify or repair disk. Reinstall Photoshop, which I've done but only on top of existing installation.

Any great ideas would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Before doing anything drastic, I'd suggest trying to import different RAW files from a different memory card, just to rule out the possibility of a corrupt file or even bad memory card.

Doug

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good idea Doug, but I tried that. I opened a file that I previously converted and it still doesn't work. I can still process with the Canon software that came with the camera but my workflow has been upset and I am desperate to get this working again. I you think of anything else that might help feel free to let it out.

Cheers!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anybody know where I can look to see if the camera raw files are still there and complete. As I share this Mac with another person, who usually uses their own profile, but on occasion gets lazy and uses mine. Perhaps files have been deleted. Also, is it possible to update camera raw or reinstall it?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, here's the thing.. I tried a different profile and guess what, it worked. So my profile must be corrupt or something. The question is, can I fix it? Oh please say yes!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.