My Fans Work!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
This is a purely pointless post, but I've had my iMac 20 C2D since April, and it is on non-stop. well, about as non-stop as you would consider bootcamping into XP for a game and rebooting back to OSX for work. No Sleeping or Off.

Anyway. I was in XP playing STALKER which has some amazing graphics, and all of a sudden i hear this weird hum under the gunfire. i pause and turn down the external speakers, and i find that my fans are running!!! That is so awesome!

why is that awesome? no really super-important reason, but i was worried after reading in so many threads that BootCamp had issues on the Intel iMacs with support for the fans while in another OS. I just wanted to share my discovery that they do in fact work! Yippee!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.