Monitors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
I have a recording set up at home, but now days Im at school 9 months of the year. I've spent a lot of money on it so I really don't want to risk the chance of anything breaking or getting spilled on or whatever.
Does anyone know of any cheap monitors I could look into? It's been a few years since I've been in the market. Probably won't buy an interface so most likely be unpowered.
Let me know!
Thanks,
Jmurr

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Check out Newegg.

Reaction score
...Does anyone know of any cheap monitors I could look into?...
Hey Jmurr187,

I assume you are referring to monitor speakers. I'm not sure how inexpensive you want to go. But I've heard good things about the KRK RP6's.

Looks like amazon has 'em for about $140/each, + shipping...

Amazon.com: KRK RP6G2 Rokit G2 6In Powered Studio Monitor Ea: Musical Instruments

You might also want to check out Behringer and M-Audio. I've heard good things about their entry level speakers.

If you're referring to monitor screens, I'm not sure what would be your best bet.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2.5Ghz 15"
The thing with monitors is if you're doing serious work, you need good monitors to play back what you need to hear. I had some cheap monitors and the mix would sound fine but when I bounced the tracks and took them to play somewhere else they would sound like garbage. My suggestion is to collect some money and shell out some more money for a pair of good monitors it's going to be a good investment. I recently got a pair of M-Audio BX8a's for $300 and I couldn't be happier. Look into M-Audio and Phonic they have really nice monitors my friend is also in recording he has a pair of Phonic P6A's.

But I guess it all depends what you need the monitors for.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
ALRIGHT i appreciate everything that everyone has put in....
BUT
I have a protools HFD set up and ive spent over 15000 DOLLARS ON IT. i know waht good monitors are and what bad monitors are.. for all of you that think they know what is going in doesnt know anything.. i just want CHEAP monitors that are unpowered and dont need any mixing.. thats it!!!!!
thtas great if you think you know your stuff... but ive been doing this for years and yrears and years. i know whim im doing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
ALRIGHT i appreciate everything that everyone has put in....
BUT
I have a protools HFD set up and ive spent over 15000 DOLLARS ON IT. i know waht good monitors are and what bad monitors are.. for all of you that think they know what is going in doesnt know anything.. i just want CHEAP monitors that are unpowered and dont need any mixing.. thats it!!!!!
thtas great if you think you know your stuff... but ive been doing this for years and yrears and years. i know whim im doing
If you come here to ask for advice, you should also expect to hear some opinions.

You've received two suggestions you're obviously not pleased with, so why don't you tell us your approximate budget?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Since you know what you're doing, no point in coming to ask us peons for advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
I agree with the above. I'm also trying to work out how you can run Pro Tools HD, a Digi 192 interface, on a Macbook pro... "MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192"....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.