Does PowerBook G4 meet the requirements for Leopard?

Reaction score
Just bought Leopard... but the salesman made me nervous that my Powerbook G4 doesn't have the proper specifications to run Leopard... so I'm afraid to open it.

Minimum System Requirements for LEOPARD:

* • Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor
* • 512MB of physical RAM
* • DVD drive for installation

I'm not 100% sure how to read all of this stuff so hopefully someone can please verify for me:

THIS IS MY SYSTEM PROFILE under the ABOUT THIS MAC tab:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Model: PowerBook5,6
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 768 MB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.9.1f1
Serial Number: W85055W7RG3
Sudden Motion Sensor: Enabled
Sudden Motion Sensor Version: 1.0

THANKS SO MUCH!

Reaction score
You meet the requirements. Might want to consider purchasing some RAM to take the total RAM to 1 GB. But if it makes you feel better--I purchased Leopard also...should be here Monday...and I plan on installing as is on my PowerBook G4. And are specs are pretty much identical. Best of luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Agree with the above poster, especially on the RAM. If you can afford it, get 2 gigs. I just bought 2 gigs of RAM for my wife's MacBook from Crucial for $60 (Apple charge $300 for the same rated RAM) so shop around.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.