installing win 7

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows where to find a detailed description of installing windows 7 on imac. Does it matter if it's an OEM version. I just get black screen. The Imac is brand new i5. cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Glossy MBP 2.66 GHz Core i7 8GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
Hello,

If you use the Bootcamp Utility to install Windoze, print out the detailed instructions how to install. Follow instructions to the letter. You will need a full copy, not upgrade version of Windoze. You could also use the developer version of Windoze.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Just wondering if anyone knows where to find a detailed description of installing windows 7 on imac. Does it matter if it's an OEM version. I just get black screen. The Imac is brand new i5. cheers

The first link from Google when I searched "installing windows 7 on mac" found me a tutorial:

Using Boot Camp to install Windows 7 on your Mac: The Complete Walkthrough – Simple Help

Try to search Google and other threads on this forum to answer your questions rather then posting on here.

You also have the option to install Windows as a Virtual Machine, so you don't have to power off your Mac to boot into Windows. Have a look at VMWare Fusion or Parallels. GOOGLE IT ;)

All the best,

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You can use an OEM version of windows 7 but it has to be a full version. For example you can buy OEM software from Directron for less money because it doesn't come with a retail box - just the disk.
http://www.directron.com/win7oem.html
You cannot use a dell, hp, lenovo, etc OEM windows 7 disk as it is made specifically for a computer from that manufacturer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Everytime I see an 'install WIndows 7' thread on here I want to cry.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To OP: OEM System Builder versions of Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7) are always full install. Other OEM versions (Dell, Sony, Acer, HP, etc.) may not be.

Regards.

Reaction score
haha silly windows, OP, have you decided that you want to use Bootcamp, or would you like to be able to switch back and forth from windows to OSX?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.