Major problems connecting mac to pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I've been at this all day and I just cant figure it out I'm trying to connect my mac to my pc so i can grab all my files from my pc and drop 'em into the mac I tried Apple and they said they could only help me with the Mac side of things. then I tried Microsoft and Dell and they were no help and had no idea what I was even trying to do. I also searched all over the web and couldnt find anything that worked. i need help and I need it bad...I'm trying to finish this up as soon as possible so i can finally pack up the pc and be rid of it for good so I'm wondering if anyone has any USEFUL tips or step by step guide that can help me with this.

I'm using the ethernet cable and have the connect directly to one another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
I dont know for sure if this is possible through ethernet. Your best bet is to use an external HDD or an iPod to move stuff over. Anything FAT32 formatted should work fine on both machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook, 2.0GHz, 1gbRam
mac to pc

I just bought my first Mac. I tried the file transfer and finally scrapped it. I just bought a flash drive (thumb drive, or whatever) and moved everything that way. It was slow, but my Dell was on it's last leg and I was afraid I would lose it all. I had 3 years of pics of my son that I couldn't burn because the DVD burner died.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.