iPad mini - photo import

Reaction score
Anyone help? How can I transfer images from the digital camera to the iPad mini?

C

chas_m

There are two methods:

1. Connect your camera to your computer and sync your pictures to iPhoto (or Aperture) on a Mac or the "My Pictures" folder on a PC. Then select what photos you want to put on the iPad and sync them through iTunes.

2. There is also the Camera Connection Kit available separately from Apple ($29?). Lets you plug SD cards or cameras directly into the iPad for direct import.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, Chas. I know your first suggestion is possible, but I want direct connection from the camera and the CCK only seems to connect to the iPad. I have the iPad mini, which has a Lightning connection only. How does the CCK connect to it?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thanks, Chas. I know your first suggestion is possible, but I want direct connection from the camera and the CCK only seems to connect to the iPad. I have the iPad mini, which has a Lightning connection only. How does the CCK connect to it?
You could connect using the 30 pin to Lightning adapter that Apple sells, but I would check first to see if the CCK is fully supported by it.

EDIT: Look to see if any of these suit you
http://store.apple.com/us/search?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG&find=lightning

C

chas_m

Probably best to wait until Apple revises the CCK to use the Lightning adapter. I'm a little surprised they haven't done so already!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.